Virtualization can increase IT agility, flexibility and scalability while creating significant cost savings.
Greater workload mobility, increased performance and availability of resources, automated operations – they’re all benefits of virtualization that make IT simpler to manage and less costly to own and operate.
Types of Virtualization
- Desktop - Allows multiple virtual machines to run cloud-based desktops on the same physical or virtual server.
- Application - Creates a virtual instance of the applications needed for core business operations, which keeps app software off of local operating systems.
- Server - Creates a virtual server in place of the physical one, allowing for management of the server through the cloud.
- Storage - Stores the enterprise’s data in a secure cloud, removing the need for physical data storage and potentially reducing the costs associated with space in a data center.
- Network - Uses physical and virtual components to create a hybrid network, allowing administration of the network through software switches.