IT Service Management (ITSM) is a strategic approach to IT management, with a focus on delivering value to customers. ITSM clearly defines the roles and responsibilities of every individual and department with regard to IT services. It allows for increased productivity, lower costs, and improved end-user satisfaction.
ITSM goes beyond traditional IT support. It describes the processes and tools IT teams use to manage IT services, end to end, and covers all information technologies within an organization. ITSM aligns an IT team’s goals with the broader objectives of the business, and that their actions support the overall mission.
Benefits of ITSM
- Increased agility - Quickly adapt to changes and innovation.
- Reduced costs - Easily visualize workflows, leading to improved efficiency and cost savings.
- Fewer IT problems and improved response - Decrease IT problems and respond to incidents quickly, reducing the associated cost and disruption.
- Easy compliance - Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Better service - Improve satisfaction rates for end users.
- Improved productivity - Aligned goals backed by reliable services ensure that more gets done with fewer problems.
- Increased user satisfaction - IT is delivered as a service with the needs of the user as the primary focus.
- Better process scaling - Processes are more efficient, allowing organizations to handle more IT development without reducing quality.
- Faster incident detection and response - Organizations enjoy improved IT visibility, identifying incidents and responding quickly before they can become an issue.
- Benefits for Employees - Improved IT support
- 24/7 IT support to perform better and do more. They also enjoy a clearer understanding of available IT services and how to use them correctly.
- Omni-channel experience - Access relevant information and make support requests from any device, at any time, from anywhere in the world.
- Clearer roles and responsibilities - Teams can understand who is responsible for what tasks and are more accountable and informed.
- Improved business alignment - Visibility to what the business and the end users need, and why.