Endpoint security refers to securing endpoints, or end-user devices like desktops, laptops, and mobile devices. Endpoints serve as points of access to an enterprise network and create points of entry that can be exploited by malicious actors.
Endpoint security software protects these points of entry from risky activity and/or malicious attack. When companies can ensure endpoint compliance with data security standards, they can maintain greater control over the growing number and type of access points to the network.
Why Endpoint Security is important?
- More people working remotely
- Endpoints are easy targets
- Constantly evolving technology
- Endpoints are used to access other networks
- Prevent insider threats
- Endpoint protection is cohesive
- Prevent data loss and financial loss